CJ Pony Parts. Any experience?

ThunderHorse

May 25, 2008
So I was about to order a Mach 1 grille delete from americanmuscle because thats where I order the majority of the parts for my car and they are always very helpfull. But then I noticed that CJ Pony Parts has a Mach 1 grille delete for $50 cheaper. Anyone have any experiece ordering from these guys? I know american muscle offers free shipping.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah. I probably havent ordered from them in a year or so though. I got axles from them and they didnt have the ones in stock that I ordered so they gave me some that were like $20 more for the same price. Also when I got my 10.5 wide bullits they were the only ones left with them in stock. I would use them again.

I think they are great. I was in the market for some #24 fuel injectors right around the time they had a HUGE price increase. Everybody knew the new prices but they honored their magazine ad's (which listed the lower price) for the entire month that the magazines was on the shelves. I think that is a stand up thing to do. just my .02

I,ve used them quite a few times and never had a bad experiance. I actually went by there when I was visiting my family in PA, It's an impressive little setup. Before you buy, sign up for their email stuff, the're always sending emails about free shipping for online orders and reminding you that almost every friday is "fantastic friday" or to you and me, 10% off online orders. (Just got an email about that today.):nice:

Ok so I ordered the Mach 1 grille delete kit from CJ Pony Parts and I had a wierd experience. So I called they asked for my phone number and all that as most places do and when I gave them my nymber they were like "ok so the order is gonna be under the name Todd so and so" and I was like "uhhhh no?" and the guy goes "this isnt Mr Todd so and so?" and I said "no". Then he says "well this is the name we have listed for this phone number". I replied by saying "well I have NEVER ordered from you guys before so how can that name be listed for my phone number". So the guy asks for my area code again and then he said it was because he didn't put the area code in so it could just be some guy with the same number and same area code. At this point Im thinking like identity theft or something but kinda shrugged it off.

Then I got to thinking whenever I order from american muscle they just ask for my full name and phone number and are like "ok is it going to go on the same credit card?". So what if this "Todd" guy calls to make an order and they don't put in the area code for his phone number could it get charged to my credit card? So anyways after I order he takes my email and is like "one moment sir" Then puts me on hold for like 5 minutes then comes back and as he picks the phone back up hes like whispering to some guy and is like "ok well we are all set". Right when he was ready to hang up I asked if I got some sort of confirmation number and he says I don't but he can give me an order number. Now its been like 2 days and I haven't recieved anything in my email which is odd because american muscle always sends a confirmation e-mail right after you hang up the phone.

Then I noticed that the grille delete I ordered says nothing about if it comes with the radiator cover just the black piece and the horse embelem. Now Im thinking thats why it only was 50 bucks as opposed to the 100 dollar delete kit. Heres the link if anyone knows if this is the three piece kit or the crappy 2 piece kit.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S2G00QR3AZ71127221250f~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000016d