CJ Pony Parts.....Never again!!

68Rustangs

Oct 5, 2007
Sun Prarie WI
I just got a chance to test fit a new rear valance for my 68 coupe i bought about 2 months ago so of course i wont be able to return it now but it looked like a nice part. Until i went to test fit it and noticed the almost 1/2 inch gap on either side from the valance to the quarters!! Thats the second part i purchaced from them that turned out to be crap. I ordered a set of floor pan supports and they sent me 2 different ones. One was a good quality and the other was the biggest piece of crap i had ever seen. Didnt even look anywhere close to the other one they sent me or what they are supposed to look like in the first place not to mention the tin foil like steel it was made out of. I called them about the floor supports when i got them and the guy said "well we have your number well see what we can do and give you a call". Of course that never happened. I know alot of you guys probably have purchaced some parts from them and have probably not had any problems,but i was wondering if i am the only one that has been turned off by their parts and customer service? I was even wondering if they sent me a valance for the wrong year which is possible but what year?? I cant even sell it to someone else now without knowing. Any ideas what year would be about 1/2 inch shorter between the valance and the quarters on either side from the 68 model? Sorry about the ranting and raving...i just needed to blow off some steam....the wife just dosent understand when it comes to these things...i know you guys would understand my fustration.:bs:

• Sponsors (?)

That's why I never order my mustang parts from online places. I have enough local stores here that I can just drop by to one. The exception is of course engine/drive train/electrical components from Jeg's and Summit. They have great return policies.
-Edgar

I have had problems with OEM valances as well as repros. I restored a '65 convertible in the '80s when you could buy most of the parts from Ford and the rear valance I bought was too short. I have gotten creative at fixing that. My '69 was my best success so far as I just painted it (if I have to say so myself). I was working with the quarter skins and a repro valance. The repro quarters weren't available when I started the quarter replacement project. To fix the gap, I made small extensions for the quarters to mate to the valance--the gap is very tight and looks great.

Well looks like the rear valance isnt my only problem.What look liked alot of surface rust turned out to be swiss cheese...theres just too much rust to save it. Not worth putting that kind of money into a "a" code coupe. I listed it in the classifieds forum for parts. Hate to do it but its just not worth it on this car.:(
I dont mind cutting out the good parts that are left so take a look in the classifieds or drop me a pm if you need something.