Classic Mustang Restomod Forum?

1320stang said:
Well, I can call ya'll a bunch of newbies, because this has effectively happened before, and the outcome was a new website. Happened in late '99 if I remember correctly and the main cause of the problem was the moderator.

People just need to be a little more tollerant of each other and try to remember, you don't know who's going to be reading and responding to your post, so if someone doesn't agree with you, don't get pissed off.

Everyone also has to realize, they may make parts for our cars, but they're not making any new ones. Even those of you that say you'll never get rid of your car, remember, it's not really your car, you're just the keeper of it right now. If you take great car of your car, it's gonna outlast you. Just as some 16 year old on here might inherit a "stock as a rock" '65 200 3-speed coupe from his grandpa and want to throw a stereo, a 347 with a T-5 behind it, whomever inherits your car may say, "what a turd, I don't want a 500 hp old Mustang that only runs mid 10's in the 1/4, I want the 5000hp hovercraft that does Mach I in the quarter and runs for 1000 years on a quart of tap water with it's explosive space modulator power source" and have it recycled to make garbage trucks out of.

Lots of street rodders have chopped all steel 3 window coupes, well now they make all steel new ones, maybe that fate will befall our beloved Mustangs, but you never know. When someone cautions you about making a serious modification, they're just wanting you to really consider the ramifications of your actions.

I know a guy that bought a '65 or '66 Shelby that had been customized. The back window went all the way up the roof to about 4" from the windshield. Everything that is normally chrome plated on a show car was gold plated and everything else that could be unbolted was chrome plated. The car had about 14 colors on the underside alone. The C shapes on the sides looked like fish scales. The interior was done in velour and had a wet bar and tv in the back. It had a rare set of slot mags that had 6 slots instead of 5, the company (US Mag?) made 6 sets to give out as prizes to Grand Champion show cars and this car had a set. The motor was the hipo 289 with 8 webers, all chrome and gold plated. This was back in the late 70's and early 80's when they weren't worth as much as they are now. He got drunk and rolled it one night about a mile from the bar. The motor ended up in a '40 Ford pickup, the car was sent to the crusher. This was in the far NW Missouri area. Some day I'll get the pics of the car and scan them and post 'em.

I may be a newbie to this forum, but I am not a newbie on the subject, or the cars.

I have been hot rodding cars for over 20 years. Most of the Mustangs were 6 cyl 65 Coupe shells. Caught flack only from the purest Mustang crowd, to which I have still have plenty of respect for.

The rare issue is just a given. Although I agree, it's redundant from my perspective.

I appreciate workmanship wether it's original, not original whatever.

and truly, that is just my opinion!

• Sponsors (?)

To me, it seems that some think the root of the problem is our individual taste in our Mustangs. It's not. It's our (mine, too) inability at times to behave like adults when someone has a different view. The next time someone flames you, or calls you something you don't like in a post (internet baddasses), instead of getting right back on and calling him everything but a nice guy, try waiting a day and then see if it's really worth getting all worked up over. Betcha it ain't...

zookeeper said:
To me, it seems that some think the root of the problem is our individual taste in our Mustangs. It's not. It's our (mine, too) inability at times to behave like adults when someone has a different view. The next time someone flames you, or calls you something you don't like in a post (internet baddasses), instead of getting right back on and calling him everything but a nice guy, try waiting a day and then see if it's really worth getting all worked up over. Betcha it ain't...

Sound advise Zoo. I don't know if I'm that big a man, but I'll give it a try. I don't think I'm a know it all, and I don't look down at folks because they have been identified as a newbie. I make mistakes all the time. I freely admit it. I don't have a "Super" image to live up to. I actually have a life, like most on here, and don't need SN to intertain me so my world won't come to an end. I think a lot of "buttons" have been pushed here lately, (I personally have seen it daily for some time now by one of the most veteran of posters.) I just shook my head and tried to understand the guys pain. Oh, well, have a good one everybody and Merry Christmas.

Ozsum67 said:
Sound advise Zoo. I don't know if I'm that big a man, but I'll give it a try. I don't think I'm a know it all, and I don't look down at folks because they have been identified as a newbie. I make mistakes all the time. I freely admit it. I don't have a "Super" image to live up to. I actually have a life, like most on here, and don't need SN to intertain me so my world won't come to an end. I think a lot of "buttons" have been pushed here lately, (I personally have seen it daily for some time now by one of the most veteran of posters.) I just shook my head and tried to understand the guys pain. Oh, well, have a good one everybody and Merry Christmas.

:scratch: