Classic Newbee Help

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4653412374&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

I know the auction is closed but the guy still has it. I called him today and he said he would take $15,000 for the car. Its a no option car. The only good thing its an orignal 4-speed, 4 barrel car. It has some rust coming though both doors in the front corners and the bottom is kind of rusty but looks solid. The paint has some chiping in the front but other than that it looks pretty good. I know when it comes to these cars, they are only worth as much as somebodys willing to pay for it. I do have some friends at a body shop but the guy is reluctant to drive it on the road because the tires are dry rotted but he said he would tow it for me. Im new to the classic game but love them ever since my brother had his '65. Any opinions would of great help.

• Sponsors (?)

That may have some GT decals on it, but it is not a GT. It looks like it may have been thrown together with a new paint job for a good profit. Nobody should with any conscience, ask 15K for a car and say it can't be driven because the tires are rags. And it looks like an air cleaner won't fit under the hood with the carb up so high, but that could be the angle of the picture.

You can tell the paint is old. He said the car has been setting for 10 years in a garage. I know its not a GT and the air cleaner does fit. I drove the car down his street but couldnt really get a feel because there was no room. I know its hard for someone to give an opinion on something that they havent seen in person, Im just afaid that I might be getting in over my head.

Looks like the bottom of the car was dusted with rattlecan black either recently, or at some point in time, you can see some overspray on the lift, although some of that could be undercoating, or oil/grease. The thing is, the black is where most aren't coated that well. The passenger front torque box looks suspect. I don't think it's a 15k car, I think you have 10k worth of work to get it to a 20k car, minimum.