Cleaned Egr Valve Now My Car Wont Start.

cjumilla1

Oct 13, 2015
Hello guys. I have a 2001 3.8 stang. 115,xxx miles.
So recently it was time to get my tags and i had a check engine light went to my local autozone and the code that came up was p0401 egr flow insufficient. First thing i did was change the egr sensor then reset the code. Car worked fine the code was gone for a couple of days then it came back up. So i proceeded to clean the egr valve with carb cleaner (which ive been reading may have been a mistake). Replaced gasket when i put on the egr valve but now my car is cranking but will not crank over completely. Im so bummed i love my stang its not my daily but i would love to get it up and running all help appreciated guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know if a bad EGR valve will cause the engine to not start, or just run rough. I'm guessing just run rough.
You may want to start with the basics of what an engine needs to run, which is spark, timing and fuel (for the most part)
1st, are there any other codes showing.
Timing is probably not an issue here, so try pulling your fuel line from the rail, crank the engine and see if fuel is coming out. BE CAREFUL to catch the fuel, keep a fire extinguisher near by and remember to .......stop,drop and roll........ You can also rent a fuel pressure gauge from Autozone and see what your pressure is.
You can also pull a coil wire and check for spark.