Cleaning Up Engine Bay

Fuzion

May 24, 2005
Virginia
Im about to start digging in to my engine bay, replacing H/C/I.
While i have most of the large pieces apart and out of the way, i want to clean up the engine bay as much as possible. basically paint and hide as much junk as possible.
I don't have access to a spray gun in order to paint the bay. so im looking for alternatives. i have seen some nice clean engine bays that were painted with rattle can spray paint. could anybody suggest what type brand of spray paint i should get? car is black. engine bay is black. so im aiming for a semi-gloss black finish. just to clean it up a bit.
Should i follow any type of procedures in order to prep before the actual paint goes on it?

thanks for any advise.

• Sponsors (?)

do you have access to a mig welder? i'd suggest filling in all the extra holes and smoothing everthing up. If not, i think guys on here have just used filler also, but i'm not exactly sure. It looks WAAAY better, and isnt much more work once you have everything out. I regret not doing it....

clean, degrease,clean, scuff , prime and paint.

Any suggestion on what degreaser to use? or Paint?

bloopbloob said:
do you have access to a mig welder? i'd suggest filling in all the extra holes and smoothing everthing up. If not, i think guys on here have just used filler also, but i'm not exactly sure. It looks WAAAY better, and isnt much more work once you have everything out. I regret not doing it....

Your rite. It would look incredible if I could fill in the holes and mold everything together. But unfortunately, I don't have the tools nor the place where to do all that work at. Plus the block is still going to be in the car. Only the top end will be disassembled. I'll go through all of that when the car isn't my dd.

88mouse said:
When I had my motor out I clean the engine bay, and painted it with the high heat engine paint semi gloss black. Ran all the wiring down the inner fenders.

Take a look here at 25thmustangs engine bay.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthrea...539102&page=50

And if you keep reading on down that page he tells a little more about It.

Thanks for the info, how did it turn out with the high heat spray paint? Have pics?

I was hopping somebody was going to mention 25th car cuz I know that he used spray paint on the engine bay. Anybody know what brand? That car looks bad ass.

mustang020.jpg

duplicolor is your friend

Attachments

• mustang020.jpg
    mustang020.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 60
I used purple power on the engine bay, It takes off all the dirt and the paint down to the factory primer. And didn't leave a film or anything, all I had to do was paint after i wash it all down with water.

Then i used dupli-color semi gloss black (same thing I used on the motor) and painted the bay.

I don't have any pics of it yet.