Clunking after lowering...?

How long is it going to take before everyone realizes this and stops re-using their strut mounts?

Well they are one time use as in they can possibly have problems with a clunking noise if you use them more than once. Like I've said, I've lowered three S197s and reused the mounts every time and have never had a problem. One mount the bearings actually fell out, I just re-greased it and put it back together. It's not like they are TY bolts.

• Sponsors (?)

Well they are one time use as in they can possibly have problems with a clunking noise if you use them more than once. Like I've said, I've lowered three S197s and reused the mounts every time and have never had a problem. One mount the bearings actually fell out, I just re-greased it and put it back together. It's not like they are TY bolts.

No clunking from the front here, either. You just need to be careful when disassembling the stock assembly. I took extra care to make sure I didn't jostle the stock mounts at all. I didn't even let it open up so the bearings didn't have a chance to escape.

i had the same problem as you,,,i put a set of Steeda Upper Strut mounts on AND bingo no more Clunking!!!

I put the Steeda mounts in from the get go and have never heard a noise from the front at all. I do however have a clunking from the rear that just started about 5 weeks ago. I believe it may be the Steeda APHB. I crawled under the car a few weeks ago and everything is tight, but when I hit the PHB with my palm it rattles inside:nonono:

Clunkin stopped, I pulled the wheels off and looked everything over, loosended everything up and jiggled some stuff to see where the clunking was coming from and put it all back together and now it has stopped so what ever was "loose" we managed to fix? Not sure how though??

My stock PHB make a funny vibrating noise when i hit it with my palm also?

No clunking from the front here, either. You just need to be careful when disassembling the stock assembly. I took extra care to make sure I didn't jostle the stock mounts at all. I didn't even let it open up so the bearings didn't have a chance to escape.

Ya, I don't have any clue how it came apart the way it did. It was the first time I did the install, too. I thought crap, it's probably going to clunk like everyone says so I said well I've got to install it and see. No clunking and it's been about 5,000 miles on her car.