Cluster/Pats question

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
Finally swapping out the brains of the clusters I have. The previous setup was the 01 Cobra faces with my 02 GT brains. I used it like this for a while and had to offset the mph by changing the tire ratio. Now that I'm ready to swap the back of the Cobra cluster to the faces I have a question about Pats. I got everything swapped and that was easy however when I turned the car on the theft light kept flashing. I have pats disabled on my tune so the car turned over and started right up, but the theft light constantly flashes since it thinks something isnt quite right.

Is there anything wrong with just unplugging the theft light and running it as is? Like I said the PATS is disabled on my tune and I have an aftermarket alarm so I am not worried about that just wanted to see if the blinking theft meant anything else that I may not know yet. I'm in the process now of swapping the clusters and I just want to be 100% sure I can just remove the bulb and everything will be good. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well I took the light bulb for the theft light out and I didnt see any issuses.. If anyone sees this thread and knows of why I can't run it like this let me know, otherwise it seems as if this is all I needed to do.