Clutch adjustment

Ls?lol

Sep 19, 2019
Kennett
My 03 mustang gt clutch does t catch until I left almost all the way out of the pedal. I’ve have a new stage three clutch, new adjustable clutch cable, and aftermarket quadrant. I have it adjusted all the way out and it catches where it Suppose to but I have a lot of free movement in my pedal now. Is there any thing I can do different to help this.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,
I’d re-check the new cable/adjuster/quadrant parts.You have a firewall mount Cable adjuster, not adjustable Cable- correct?
Check the kits fitment info.in instructions. Steeda & others sell Cable/quadrant/Firewall adjuster kits loosely advertised as “82-04’ Mustang fitment”, but fit 1982-95 5.0’s or 1994-04 Mustang 3.8’s. Not 96’-04’ 4.6L’s.
If all is well, there- check these:
1) Some quadrants have (2) spots for the Cable to attach, verify you’re in the right one.
2) Verify Bellhousing’s seated to Block tightly, and isn’t moving when Clutch is depressed (Bolts bottoming out before clamping).
3) From the pedal to the Fork, verify no cable attachment points are moving under the additional load created by the new Clutch when the pedal’s being cycled.
Hope that helps..
Good luck!
- Keeping in mind it’s not broken-in, yet.
Does the Clutch engagement (Pedal height) seem to vary greatly while driving during stops & starts, any noises or excessive slippage occur?
-John

Hi,
I’d re-check the new cable/adjuster/quadrant parts.You have a firewall mount Cable adjuster, not adjustable Cable- correct?
Check the kits fitment info.in instructions. Steeda & others sell Cable/quadrant/Firewall adjuster kits loosely advertised as “82-04’ Mustang fitment”, but fit 1982-95 5.0’s or 1994-04 Mustang 3.8’s. Not 96’-04’ 4.6L’s.
If all is well, there- check these:
1) Some quadrants have (2) spots for the Cable to attach, verify you’re in the right one.
2) Verify Bellhousing’s seated to Block tightly, and isn’t moving when Clutch is depressed (Bolts bottoming out before clamping).
3) From the pedal to the Fork, verify no cable attachment points are moving under the additional load created by the new Clutch when the pedal’s being cycled.
Hope that helps..
Good luck!
- Keeping in mind it’s not broken-in, yet.
Does the Clutch engagement (Pedal height) seem to vary greatly while driving during stops & starts, any noises or excessive slippage occur?
-John
The only noise I got is when I let out of the clutch when it’s in neutral.

The only noise I got is when I let out of the clutch when it’s in neutral.
Hi, likely the throwout bearing touching the Pressure plate fingers, adjustment a tad tight, we’ll address that. Rest sounds good if that’s the only issue, aside from the pedal..
You mentioned adjustable Cable & Quadrant...but not the Firewall mount adjuster. It’s required with your setup & you didn’t mention that you had one....
If you don’t, that’s likely your issue. I can give you a P/N# if desired..
If you DO have the Adjustable Cable/ Quadrant/Firewall mount adjuster.. I’ll verify.. ..You’ve adjusted the Cable fully in at the Clutch fork, the firewall adjuster out to maximum & the clutch now grabs & releases at the pedal height you want, but you’re pedal doesn’t spring back up & sit solid at normal height when released, is that accurate?
Any finds running down the list thus far?
-John