Clutch and random questions

Petritl

Nov 5, 2009
Washington,IL
I sorry for asking what is sure to be a couple of stupid questions.
This last fall my wife and I bought the pictured 1995 Mustang last fall as a toy to drive around some and to attend open track days.

There are a couple of open concerns I would like to work out this winter.

I was told by the PO the car has McLeod zero slip competition clutch. It is a real bastard to drive on the street. The pedal effort is high and there is no engagement slip. I was told the car was dyno'd at 390hp before the supercharger pulley had been changed . The PO estimate the HP to be in the 425-450 hp.

1) What is a good clutch I can use that will be easier for my little wife to drive?

2) Where does an aftermarket boost gauge hook up to? The gauge currently reads a vaccumn.

3) The car has a 1995 Cobra R fuel cell in it.
When I was hauling this car home from NY the truck I was using to pull the car hauler destroyed it's transmission so I was forced to drive this car home the remaining ~500 miles.
The gauge read empty before the tank was empty, I would guess there was a 1/4 tank left. This went on for 3-4 tank fulls. Then the problem went the other direction. The car ran out of fuel with 3/4 tank reading on the gauge.

Any ideas? It's a fuel cell could there be a problem with the foam in the tank?

4) The car currenty has Cobra brakes but I have been instructed to upgrade them because teh local road coarse is hard on brakes. Has anyone use the Wilwood 6piston front brake kit?

Regards,
Tad
PICT0882.jpg

PICT0875.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

That is an interesting car with some very interesting and costly mods. What transmission does the car have in it exactly?

I remember the story of how you got it, amazing :hail2:

The car has changed hands a couple of times since the magazine article was written. The odmeter reads ~12,000 miles since the mods were done. The 225 on the car is when it ran and won it's class in the 2004 Silver State Classic (Nevada).

In fitting with the "High Speed Connection" article, I too found the car on eBay.
Tad
Washington, IL