Clutch cable destruction

A couple of weeks ago, I snapped my clutch cable at the local drag strip (on the 1st run, too! :mad: ). I just now got under the car to replace it, and it turns out, I did more damage than I thought. I lost the end of the cable that goes into the clutch fork. Was there any retaining clip that must have fallen off going down the road that I will have to search for a replacement? Here's a pic of all I have on that end of the cable.
img_0115.jpg

Also, I somehow broke 1 2 teeth off the adjuster nut that is riveted onto the firewall. Since this seems like it can't be easily replaced, will it still hold when I get a new cable? Am I going to have to find another one? Here's a pic, sorry about the poor quality.
img_0117.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

1badII, Looks like you lost the ball end of the clutch cable, the tension spring and the locknut. The cable ball end is mounted in the release lever assembly over a small plastic piece and held in place with the spring tension. There's no retaining clip that I know of. The clutch cable adjuster mounted on the firewall is not riveted and can be removed. The piece can be found at some local parts stores. I found the plastic adjuster at Advance Auto in my area but I wasn't able to come up with the metal adjuster. Phil may still have some metal adjusters in stock.

LedZ 5.0