jricolcol

Nov 26, 2018
California
Greetings,

I had my clutch cable replaced and when my GT was due for its oil change I noticed that the cable was pretty pushed up against the oil filter. It took some force (but not a large amount) to move the cable in order to change the filter; either way it didn't feel right. Do you think this is an issue and needs to be re-installed or will it be fine the way? I don't know if it is related but I noticed that when my clutch pedal is engaged (pushed in) it creaks both ways when its about a 1-2 inches from the floor. A brand new clutch assembly was installed so I don't think it has anything to do with the actual clutch itself.

• Sponsors (?)

Greetings,

I had my clutch cable replaced and when my GT was due for its oil change I noticed that the cable was pretty pushed up against the oil filter. It took some force (but not a large amount) to move the cable in order to change the filter; either way, it didn't feel right. Do you think this is an issue and needs to be re-installed or will it be fine the way? I don't know if it is related but I noticed that when my clutch pedal is engaged (pushed in) it creaks both ways when it's about a 1-2 inches from the floor. A brand new clutch assembly was installed so I don't think it has anything to do with the actual clutch itself.

Tbh I got the same "issue" not really an issue, brand new clutch cable, clutch quadrant, adjustable firewall..etc, The cable is in an odd spot but mine isn't pushed near my oil filter. Mine makes a creek noise sometimes when pressing it down. MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHERE is the creak coming from. Is it coming from the transmission or the clutch pedal?. If the noise comes from under the car, yes issue. If the noise comes from inside of the car, it's probably just tight.

Reactions: 1 user