Clutch delima

Alright, first things first. My car is in need of a clutch BAD. It has got to the point that everytime I take off from a stop light or even more the car, you can instantaly smell clutch. I had all intention's on converting my car over to an automatic. BUT, money has fell short on the swap and I just dont think the car would be as fun as an auto. So I am going to stick with the good ol 3650. Here is my the Delima starts...

A friend of mine bought a brand new spec stage 3 clutch for his mach. Well he decided to auto swap his mach and never installed the clutch. It is still brand new in the box. He told me if I want it, I can have it for $100. Now I know this is WAY to much clutch for my car. When I do the clutch swap I will be adding an SVT fuel pump and upping the spray to 150. So I would like to have a clutch that will no doubt be able to handle the torque I will be making. I was thinking about buying a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. But with that price on the Spec clutch, it's very hard for me to turn it down.

What would y'all do?

• Sponsors (?)

The Spec would be less expensive than buying the Centerforce you want and you wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of trying to sell a Clutch, which can be really hard if it's brand new. I have driven a Spec Stage 3 and its not much different than my RAM Powergrip.