Clutch dowel pins install questions.....

BYRDPE

Founding Member
Nov 4, 1998
Memphis,Tn.
How the heck do I install these things?
When I did the swap a couple of years ago I didn't install them so now I'm installing a new clutch and flywheel and I'm not sure how they go in.
Do they go in on the clutch side correct?
I'm supposed to be hitting the small end and knocking the big end into the flywheel correct?
Do I just hammer them in?
The holes seems too small for the pins.
It looks like I will have to hit them pretty hard to even try to get them started.
I don't want to burr the end of them.
Is there a trick to doing this?

• Sponsors (?)

The flywheel dowel pin holes go on the clutch side. They are what align the pressure plate to the flywheel.

There are only 3 holes they can go into. You can tell which 3 holes they are by looking at all the holes around the outside of the flywheel. Only 3 have 'stops' about half way down in the hole. That way the pins will stop when it hits the 'stops':)

I just tapped it in with a hammer to get it started, and then hammered them down...

Good Luck!

your being paranoid. Thats whats wrong man. Of course the holes are super tight. Hit the tapered end of the pins with the hammer forcing the fatty in. You have to hit it with some good force. I strted tapping in holding the pins with needle nose pliers to get it started. Its impossible to not do that. Keep hitting until it bottoms out.