Clutch for 2001 Cobra

Tiger2Lover

Apr 13, 2005
I would appreciate any advice on the right clutch choice for my 2001 Cobra. The car has a 4.10 gear, but the motor is still stock. The CenterForce II and CenterForce Dual Friction are my two choices. A Vortech S-Trim may be in the car in the future, but now it is stock. Can the Center Force II handle S-Trim power or is the Dual Friction fine in a non supercharged car? Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

I beleive both of those are overkill. Did a bunch of research on clutches when I melted my stock unit on my 99 GT (400 rwhp). For the strength you need, quiet actuation without the leg workout go with SPEC clutches. Affordable and can handle it. Call them, very helpful. The unit I had was good up to 600 and activated just stiffer than stock. Unless your going for 600hp and gonna put slicks on it and dump at 4 grand, stay with the diaphragm, it's all you need for the street and occassional track runs.

Tiger2Lover said:
I would appreciate any advice on the right clutch choice for my 2001 Cobra. The car has a 4.10 gear, but the motor is still stock. The CenterForce II and CenterForce Dual Friction are my two choices. A Vortech S-Trim may be in the car in the future, but now it is stock. Can the Center Force II handle S-Trim power or is the Dual Friction fine in a non supercharged car? Thank you.

I gotta say my King Kobra clutch is awesome for my mildly modified 97 cobra. I get rubber in all 4 gears too!! :)