Clutch kit from LMR?

johnny_munyak

Aug 7, 2008
Was looking around at replacement clutches for my 95' GT and came across this kit at Late Model Resto.

94-95 Mustang Ram Hdx Clutch Master Replacement Kit, 5.0L at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Seems like a very decent kit. Is the RAM HDX clutches any good? Up until now, I was contemplating a King Cobra Clutch kit with a maximum motorports adjustable clutch quadrant and cable. (supposed to be the most adjustable and smoothest system out there according to MMFF Mag)

Has anyone used this kit before? Can anyone comment on the clutch itself?

Any other recommendation for a good clutch on a modified 95' GT with about 300 RWHP?

• Sponsors (?)

My car is generally a street car. Running street tires. Wheel HP should be around 280-300 RWHP with the engine work done.

Sounds like a perfect match! The RAM HDX features:
  • 400 RWHP rating
  • Steel backed organic friction material riveted to the disk
  • 5-spring hub on the disk to provide smooth engagement
  • Higher clamp load pressure plate for ultimate grip with only slightly heavier pedal effort

Thats the short list, if you have more detailed questions,let me know. I've been running one of these in my 93 for over a year & a half with zero issues. It puts down 300/300 on motor & 398/440 on the spray.

• 400 RWHP rating
  • Higher clamp load pressure plate for ultimate grip with only slightly heavier pedal effort

Thats the short list, if you have more detailed questions,let me know. I've been running one of these in my 93 for over a year & a half with zero issues. It puts down 300/300 on motor & 398/440 on the spray.

bad ass:nice:

• 400 RWHP rating

How does this clutch compare to the FMS Kind Cobra clutch?

It doesn't, it surpasses it in all aspects, especially price. The KC has a 2250lb statcic clamp load pressure plate & the HDX has a 2500lb static clamp load pressure plate. Even with a "heavier" pressure plate, the HDX maintains a lighter pedal feel than the KC. The HDX also has a more aggressive friction lining on the disk than the KC.

Now I don't want you to think that I'm knocking the KC at all as we sell a butt-ton of those as well. They are a great clutch & a staple in the Mustang Aftermarket. However, when doing an apples to apples comparison between the KC & HDX, the HDX wins every time.

That's very good to hear. Looks like I may have found my next clutch!

What about the clutch quadrants and cable. Do you carry the Maximum motorsports quadrant and adjuster?

I have the MM quadrant and adjuster with a modified stock cable. The install was pretty basic but the cable fits pretty tight. I've had no problems with mine and I have not had to touch the adjuster since I put it in 2 years ago. I would recommend it to anyone.