Clutch Not Disengaging

hdz2011

Nov 6, 2012
Sup guys, i got a 2000 GT 5 speed with 150k miles bone stock.

A year and a half ago we got the car from a trade and right after the reverse gear went out. Got the tranny rebuilt asap but let the car sit until now.

Before i put the tranny back on i had the flywheel resurfaced, bought a clutch kit from Autozone. So i put everything back from the flywheel and so on, bolted everything back up to torque specs almost.

I dont know what other modifications the car has had from previous owners but i removed and replaced oil+filter, spark plugs, fuel pump (old one was dated since production) other than that the motor looks stock.

Now when i fired her up after all this time the motor idled flawlessly. Now when i pressed the clutch pedal it was REAL stiff but it hit the floor and when i tried to move the shift knob, it would NOT get into gear. Turned the car off and moved the shifter and it goes into every gear without a problem. I got on the forums and tried to see what other people tried doing and found no solution. As of right now when i press the clutch pedal all the way down it makes a "pop" sound. I dont know if its the cable itself from wear and tear or up to the pressure plate bolts not being loose or tight enough. Please help....

• Sponsors (?)

The stock quadrant is probably worn out. Or the cable has stretched. Get somebody to operate the pedal while you're under the car. If the clutch fork moves like it should, something is going on with the pressure plate. If not, something is going on with cable/quadrant.