Drivetrain Clutch Problem

• Sponsors (?)

destroyed thrust bearing and crankshaft. just wondering if it was me sitting on the clutch like an idiot lol or if this is a common problem for these stronger clutches

That's not a clutch problem. But it is a crankshaft problem cased by defective bearings, and improperly assembled crankshaft and bearing clearances.

so that would cause it to eat away the clutch side of the thrust bearing and bearing surface on the crank to where the crank can move 3/4 inch back and forth? ive always heard when something like that happens its always the clutch being too heavy or a heavy clutch being driven badly (sitting at the stoplight in first etc) as this is a very common thing in the tuner world with the 2jzs.

Stick cars are harder on thrust bearings then an auto car. How long did it take to wipe it out? Are we talking a 100K mile motor, or a fresh build?

My car is a street strip car, which gets driven rarely, but driven hard when it does. I went through my bottom end last October, which had 10k miles on it over a four year time span. The thrust had opened up from .005" to .008" during that time.

Joe

im talking in the space of 4 months of being driven hard daily as well as racing it. and like i say between the bearing and crank being worn down i have about a 3/4 inch of movement front to back. the thrust bearing wore flat and then into the crankabout a 1/4 inch