Clutch problems!!!Help....

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Guys i got problems with my clutch. My throwout bearing started Whining a couple months ago but then it stopped for about the last month or so.

So, im home from school this past weekend, and everything feels fine. I put the car inreverese and start backing up and it starts to whine REALLY loud. It only would whine with the clutch pedal down and it would still be a lil noisey with the pedal up.

So, i drive back to my house and it starts to get worse. When i put the clutch pedal down, it starts to shake (this is what i guess chattering is) and it would still scream. But after shifting, and letting the pedal up, it drove fine (besides the quiet whine). No clutch slippage or anything.

Im pretty sure im just gonna get a Spec Stage 1 and call it a day.

Any ideas on what happend? Any other advice on things to change ? I will do the rear main seal, but do i need a new quadrant and cable for the Stage 1?

THANKS GUYS(sorry for the long post)

• Sponsors (?)

The Whining does sound like your TOB, the chattering, its kinda hard to say. I would just go ahead and pull the trans and replace the clutch and TOB while your at it. My as well go with a spec stage II incase you ever want to upgrade some parts. Also, I'd recommend an adjustable clutch cable and quadrant.

Dan

well, since your negative feedback, there are like 2 of a million posts that i have read that are negative. Most of them are positive, so it must be just some bad luck. I hope i dont experience it, im sorry you have.....

good luck in the future