Clutch problems/T5 Swap

Goldcuffs

Mar 6, 2008
All right guys, before you start burning me I all ready know I fu#ked up buying cheap ass ****.:bang: (Now I will buy good stuff and chock it up to a lesson learned) First off I have a severe vibration in neutral or in gear accelerating. Feels like flywheel out of balance. Do they need to be balanced or is a good one ok out of the box? Second My clutch pedal is about 3-4 inches taller than my brake pedal and I had to load the hell out off the clutch fork to get the cable on. Now of course the clutch isn't fully engaging. It's a stock style cable with a BBK quad. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

The flywheel should be balanced from the factory, but not to say it wasnt dropped on the way to the parts store or your house. When i changed my clutch on my 90 gt something was wrong with the cable. I ended up buying a bbk fully ajustable cable and quadrent.

For some reason that fixed it. the cable might of streched on me. The other thing might be you put the throw out bearing on wrong. I did that once a few years ago and it sounds like the same thing it was doing to me. I would pull the trans and make sure it s on right and the plate is on right.

Well, I can't post a picture because by the time I shrink it down to an acceptable size you can't see it. The C's are the clutch, the I's are the T/O and the F's are the fork. This is how I installed it. Thanks for the reply

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII