clutch problems

robbo1987*2.3*

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
varina, va
so i decided to be nice to my car today and i put 4 new tires on it that i got for christmas(bfgoodwrench(sp) touring t/a,s 225/60/15) anyways im out drivin around in the parkin lot at my pops' work and i push the clutch in and i hear and feel a pop and im like wtf! i stoped and pulled off again and heard what sounded to be like metal rolling around in a can and then it stops. so i park the car and go to lock up the building ,come back out to leave and my car has no clutch, again i say, WTF! so i take it in and put it on the lift well to shorten the story a spring in my clutch disc came out and was wedgin sumthin to where it wouldnt work(dont know how to explain it :shrug: ) anways this is the second time this has happened. i just put this clutch in the day after thanksgiving but the past two that i have gotten have doen this . what causes it? has anyone else had this problem? if so how did u fix the problem? need to know cause im puttin another clucth in it tomorrow(for like the 5th time :bang: :bang: )
thanks in advace for the help

robbie

• Sponsors (?)

Is it a different brand or type of clutch every time? Are you replacing the pressure plate as well? Maybe your cable is stretched and is allowing wear? Just a couple ideas. :shrug:

Ash

i have tried two different brands of clutch kits. both were from advanced auto. the first one was like o.e.m the second one was supposedly a beefier clutch ( didnt look any different to me except for a different box) and yes im replacin the p.p. i put a new kit in it both times. the clucth cable is also fairly new (about 3 months old) i do tend to speed shift and slm gears from time to time but it shouldnt be that easy to break them should it? thanks for the quick reply

robbie