Clutch recomendations for new block

ProKiller

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
PA
so i ordered my new short block... DSS Super Pro Bullet 331. forged pistons, forged h-beam rods, cast crank, AFM B-21 cam, cometic gaskets, head studs, lvl 20 race preped block, oil pan, oil pump, windage tray, girdle, flywheel, balancer. :banana:

anyway, i'm going to up the boost to like 14#s now. i'm looking to get like 550-600 out of the combo now with 80mm MAS and 42# injectors.

the question is what clutch should i get to hold all this power? i have a T3550 and honestly i don't know what size it is, it came on the car when i got it.

semi-official clutch thread? post them up

• Sponsors (?)

Call Walt at Pro Motion in Ft. Lauderdale. His number is in the June issue of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords magazine in the driveline article they just ran. You know I don't like the spec stuff, but I have covered that more times than I can count... You can't go wrong by at least calling Walt, I think you'll be impressed with his knowledge. He can be a bit rough around the edges at times, but he knows his stuff and his clutches work.

EDIT: Here's his number...

800-771-6843

Tell him Paul Riva (the guy with the yellow car in the magazine as he knows me) was telling you about the clutch he has. My clutch is the same used in some of Walt's Real Street customer's race cars... they are making more power than you plan to too. I hope this helps... :nice:

FWIW I used a RAM PowerGrip in the Real Street car I ran last year and really liked it. It chattered a small amount but not terribly and held up all season with no problem. I would have ran it again this year if I were still running that car. It held great and seemed to have just enough slip to not hit the trans too hard.