clutch slipping very badly when cold

tonight, when i went out for the first time in nearly two days, i was in a hurry and only let the car idle for about 35 seconds after sitting outside. as i pulled out of the driveway and started to turn, in 1st gear, my tach just went up while barely moving, i kept on the gas and it finally got going after maybe 20ft. 2nd and 3rd were fine. i came to the stopsign and hit 1st again and the same thing happed. this lasted maybe a mile before it was warmed up enough to be almost normal. as the car fully warmed up the problem seemed to go away all together.

i know my clutch cable is stretched out so i have ordered the maxium motorsports Clutch Cable, Quadrant, and Firewall Adjuster Package, it should be here next week. but i dont think this are related.

since i bought the car during the summer it hadnt started doing this until the temperature dropped. i noticed that it would mildly do it once i took off from the first stop sign after driving the car for the first time that day. now that it's been the coldest yet, this happened. the clutch has maybe 3000 miles on it but i'm not the one that broke it in. what could be my problem?? sorry for the ridiculously long post

• Sponsors (?)

I would guess it has something to do with the cable if it is doing it in just 1st, do you leave it in gear when it is parked? If not, my old stock clutch did the same exact thing. But my King Cobra does not. I can leave it in gear or not and I have the same grabbing when its cold or beating on it.