Clutch suggestion for when I put a TKO in...

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
...Id like to know what clutch you have, how long you had it for, what you use it for? Do you drag or run on slicks? I am going to be going with a TKO and I dont know what clutch I am going to get. I was going to get a SPEC stage II, but just might get a cheaper clutch like a HD one, but I want to get opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

well you won't be able to use just a fms hd because they don'e make it for 26 spline input shafts. i think that there's a king cobra made with the right splines though. but if you want to go with a good clutch and not spen the money on a spec stageII just go for a stageI.

SPEC Stage I is well under $200, and rated for 400HP at the rear wheels. Since a TKO is only rated at 425HP, it's plenty, and cheap, and way better than a similarly priced HD clutch is that won't hold anywhere near as much torque. I went real duct tape when I put my TKO in and just got the right spline disc (@$165) and reused my old PP and stuff- do not do this. It was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made with this car. Just spend another $20 and get the whole clutch kit. That disc was a McCloud Kevlar, which lasted me well over a year and a good 50,000 miles or so in spite of the fact that it never fully released because it was mis-matched to the PP. I would highly recommend McCloud based on my experience with them under the worst of conditions, but for the money, if I had it to do again I'd have just gotten my SPEC I.