Clutch Swap, how hard and how much?

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Ok Im going to buy a king cobra clutch for my car and i was wondering how difficult the install is going to be. I know its gonna be a pita but how much of a pita and what kind of tools would i need?

• Sponsors (?)

Do the search. there were several write up and report from people who done it. If your not dropping K-member due to LT, its pretty straight forword. Hardest part is getting the 3rd bolts on starter

I installed my clutch 1 month before my LTs. Why? Because I didn't want to install both and then find out a couple of days later I need to adjust something or have a problem with the clutch and have to pull the K down and remove the passenger LT. Once I knew the clutch was fine, I did my LTs.

Hardly any overlap anyway between the installs.

I pulled my tranny after putting L/Ts in, and it wasnt too bad. We only LOOSENED the passenger side header, didnt take a single bolt all the way out, and that gave us plenty of clearance for the tranny. But I will recommend doing the clutch before hand.

deftsound said:
so if i want to do lt's would this be a good time to install them too?

I would. Like BCB00GT, I had to do clutch 2 weeks after installing LT, because i was stupid, didn't listen to members from here.
2 weeks after LT went in, my clutch blew apart.
I don't know how many miles you have on them, But i'll do clutch and LT same time if your planning to do LT. if your installing LT with K-member dropped, get to clutch is only several bolts away

At the time I did mine I said I wouldn't do it again but now that I know what to do I would probably go ahead and do it again. There are a few tricks to getting through it smoothly. Search clutch swap and you shall find what you seek.

guess ill probably be getting or hiring someone to help me do it, im determined to do it on my own but im not going to attempt this by myself seeing as how ive never done it before

deftsound said:
guess ill probably be getting or hiring someone to help me do it, im determined to do it on my own but im not going to attempt this by myself seeing as how ive never done it before

Its not that hard. if you can say do your own brake, you can do it. But if you want to be safe, ya take it to someone

blackink00 said:
he can vouche for that

Yeah Jullian. couldn't have done it without ya:nice: