clutch swap question?

1bad05

May 9, 2005
installing hays 11" street/strip clutch and noticed it mentioned that the hydralics are shared with the brakes. also heard something about a self bleeding throwout bearing assembly. what am i getting myselve into here? any advice and pointers grately appriated!

• Sponsors (?)

First thing is when installing or removing the tranny, once it's pulled away from the engine a few inches tilt it way down at the tail end. You'll see that while it comes out, but when reinstalling it, the tranny has to have the tail piece way lower than the input shaft end right from the start, unless of course you have the engine tilted back. When disconnecting the hydraulic line from the steel tube at the bell pop the wire retainer out towards the driver's side of the fitting to allow removal of the tube. When you put the tube back on you can have the wire retainer clip fully inserted before you install the hyd line. Just push it in with a long dull screwdriver until it's fully seated. You'll here it click. When you are completely finished with the install, jack the driver's side of the car up so the front wheel is about 8-10 inches from the floor and just push the pedal in and out very slowly for about 5-10 minutes. It should take you about 5 seconds per stroke in each direction in or out. It gets old fast, so be patient. Once the clutch feels good and tight keep going a few more minutes to ensure a good bleed is achieved.

What clutch package are you going with?

I was just curious because if it was a Centerforce Dual Friction I was going to tell you to be sure it's the second generation version. I've got the prototype in my car and I like it a lot. The first gen. version was a POS.