Clutch Wearing?

Kyle-02GT

May 21, 2003
Hey guys I was sitting on a hill yesterday on my way to work and I seemed to notice that the clutch isn't grabbing til its almost all the way in. The car is also getting increasingly jerky at high RPM shifts (above 4000). The pedel is also adjusted all the way out.

My questions for you guys are:

1. Will driving with a worn clutch damage the tranny?

2. How long/hard to install?

3. Any good recommendations on Heavy Duty Clutches to put in if needed?

The car is still under warrenty also should I take it back to the dealer and have them do it or is it a do it your self job....

• Sponsors (?)

Doing a Clutch is an easy job. It's just a bit time consuming. The dealer will not cover a clutch. It can be done by yourself, but is MUCH easier with 2 people. I have a SPEC Stage II clutch and love it. They have great costumer service and Tech support. here's the link for you:

Spec Clutches

~DAN~

1. No, but you might get stuck somewhere.
2. About 5- 8hrs at home, less at a shop. Not too difficult if you have all the correct tools. You'll need to find a machine shop to resurface the flywheel. Youll also need to get a pilot bearing and a throwout bearing too.
3. Im going with a centerforce dual friction.

p.s. dont go to the dealer! They will rape you! If your not going to do it yourself, then take it to a transmission shop that you trust. Ford will charge you like $800 just for the install, no clutch included.