Fuel Cobalt Injectors

• Sponsors (?)

You didn't give a year model, but assuming it uses GM P/N: 12602479 injectors, the answer is: Possibly. Both the factory Ford injectors and those injectors for a Cobalt are high impedance, so it shouldn't cause PCM problems (aside from needing to tune for the higher flow), but you're trying to mix apples and oranges here. Even if there aren't electrical problems, the Chevy injectors could be too tall, or have other fitment issues.

Sorry, they are GM part #12582219
IMG_2503.JPG

If you know the height of the stock 19's I'll measure these with a caliper.

They should fit, and if their resistance is around 14.4 ohms, should be able to b run with adapters.

Biggest hurdle is there are no Mustang aftermarket MAF for 28# injectors, so you will need a tune to run them.

Might be easier to toss them on eBay and find some 24s

Reactions: 1 user
The car is getting dyno tuned in the spring. I figured if I can use them I will. I'm getting conflicting info while looking up flow rates. injector-rehab.com has them listed at 25# , injectorwarehouse.com says 26.5# and all the cobalt people and ebay ads say 24#.

Well life is funny sometimes... I went to a buddies place to help him out and told him about my injector dilemma. He gave me a wierd look and dug out a small box from a cabinet. In the box was 8 Ford XR3E-C5B 24lbs injectors off a 01 Cobra. So now I'm set.

I want to thank everyone for their replies. And if anyone needs cobalt injectors let me know:)