Cobalt SS

dsg03bullitt

Jul 25, 2006
I was coming home down the 2 laned boulevard near my house......there's a yellow cobalt ss up ahead....i catch up 2 c who it was and its 2 girls driving one about 30 and one about 20.....not hott! dont ask......and they take off i hear the whine of the little charger and i drop into second and immediately pull about 2 cars on it.....their headlights just keep getting smaller......i pull over to the side and they follow me....the lady said nice car....i made her feel better by saying " that thing's pretty quick"....she said yea i just got her back 2day i got a stage 2 put in.....she said 275hp's to the rear wheels....i said oh kool and pulled away......lol just thought i would share

• Sponsors (?)

san~man said:
275? I doubt it, but I may be wrong.
No, you're right. But dont tell that to one of them.

Half the guys with the stage kits are still barely breaking 13s, many still running mid 14s. Yet most of them swear up and down they have a 13 second car bone stock.

Where are you from btw? (dsg03bullitt)

helty said:
No, you're right. But dont tell that to one of them.

Half the guys with the stage kits are still barely breaking 13s, many still running mid 14s. Yet most of them swear up and down they have a 13 second car bone stock.

Where are you from btw? (dsg03bullitt)

They are 13 second cars bone stock. Same with the Saturn Ion Redline.

BTW, it's FWD

All matters on the track, DA, and driver but 13's are obtainable. Just how people say s2000s, and SRT-4s cant break into the 13's stock, all they need are the right conditions, and driver.

CobaltSS.net said:
Ok guys. I think it's about time we have one of these. All times must be verified with a timeslip, you can e-mail them to me and I will update this. I'll keep track of the top 10.
Mods, will you please make this a "sticky"?

SS/SC ,STOCK,the way it is from the factory
1.)NGalaxyTimmyo,[email protected] w/2.27 60'
2.)MrStaticX,[email protected] w/2.35 60'
3.)BallerSS,[email protected] w/2.22 60'
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

SS/SC, MODDED
1.)Fast06SS,[email protected] w/1.93 60', I/E/T/2.5"/DR's
2.)Enufpwr,[email protected] w/2.03 60', I/E/T/2.5"/DR's
3.)PatathSS,[email protected] w/2.08 60', I/H/T/2.5"/DR's
4.)Bad06SS,[email protected] w/1.95 60', 2.6"/T/DR's/GMH
5.)Tityrous,[email protected] w/2.16 60',I/E/2.7"/T/ST
6.)Turboeco,[email protected] w/2.2 60', 2.6"/E/T/ST
7.)Shortbus,[email protected] w/2.30 60', I/E/2.7"/T/PB/ST
8.)Doc,[email protected] w/2.17 60',I/H/E/2.7"/T/ST
9.)MrStaticX,[email protected] w/2.28 60',I/H/E/2.8"/GM2/ST
10.)NGalaxyTimmyo,[email protected] w/2.43 60', I/E/2.5"/T/ST

Not even a 14.2? Maybe at Houston, with perfect weather, and God himself driving, an SS/SC will touch 13.99......maybe. That still doesnt make them 13 second cars. Fact is the vast majority (99.99%) are mid 14 second cars stock.

I promise you if any single SS/SC has ever gone 13.99999999999 or better, the nut-jobs on that site would know about it and be all over it. But it hasnt happened.

Stang|ess said:
Same could be said about Mustangs then.

I have 1 nut, and 1 prosthetic. Thanks for bringing it up :mad:
Im not argueing that about Mustangs. Most 99-04s are low 14 second cars. Very few have touched 13s stock, but it HAS happened.

To the best of my knowledge, and that of everyone on the cobalt forums, it HAS NOT happened with a Cobalt SS.

Did you get that PM about the shim? Happy meow?

dsg03bullitt said:
helty.....you are officially the man....
so Ive been told.

that said, although I hate the mentality of most cobalt owners, those little ****ers can be pretty quick if you do that gay roll racing ****. From a dig a GT should have it all day.

Two friends of mine have modded SS's, ones a mid/high 13 second car, the others a mid/low 13 second car.

helty said:
so Ive been told.

that said, although I hate the mentality of most cobalt owners, those little ****ers can be pretty quick if you do that gay roll racing ****. From a dig a GT should have it all day.

Two friends of mine have modded SS's, ones a mid/high 13 second car, the others a mid/low 13 second car.

And I still need to race one of these now that i've got my cams and headers.. altho not from a roll, because that is gay.. i'm not scared of a slowbalt :notnice: :rlaugh:

Not saying Cobalts kick ass or anything, cuz they sure look gay....but it is nice seeing manufacturers begin to make cheaper, quick cars. While they may not beat mustangs, these cars are still pretty quick, same with SRT-4's, Redlines, etc. Maybe they'll get past the rice stage one day and begin making more reasonably priced muscle. Who can afford a GT500 or who knows what the new camaro and challenger will cost.

Oh, anyone heard about the new Saturn Sky Redline version? Looked like it might have some potential.

I wouldn't buy one but I think it's pretty sporty especially for an American sport compact. Nice to see the Japanese manufacturers aren't the only ones with the balls to do a FI sport compact.

dsg03bullitt said:
.....she said 275hp's to the rear wheels....

U should tell her to get her money back.