Cobra Brake install parts list help

Jaym14

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island, N.Y.
Hey guys, I'm still gathering all the parts I need for my cobra brake swap/5 lug conversion.

Here's what I currently have:

94 GT Booster, M.C., & fluid reservoir
94 GT Spindles
Cobra front and rear rotors (13" front & 11.65" rears)
10 Anniversary Caliper Kit (10th Anniversary Cobra Front & Rear Brake Caliper)
Rear Brake Line Adapter (2)

What I'm Going to be ordering soon:

2 sn-95 axles (can't get used ones b/c I need 31 spline auburn axles which are hard to find used)
Front fox stainless brake lines
rear sn-95 brake lines w/ brackets
M.M. Prop. valve plug
M.M. or FMS adj. prop valve
M.M. Master Cylinder adapter kit, 93 Cobra/94 GT M/C, 1987-93
Sn95 balljoints

What I need to know is:

1: Anything Major or glaring that I've left out??
2: I'm unsure about mounting and supporting hardware for the install. I don't want to be in the middle of the swap and find out I'm missing something minor but necessary. More specifically, what caliper brackets, mounting bolts, & other supporting hardware do I need? I know ford sells some banjo bolt kits (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350201982899&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=) How many do I need? Does one kit do both front calipers? How about rear hardware?

Please do not post this link http://mjbobbitt.home.comcast.net/~mjbobbitt/mustang /5lug.html in response, I've already been over the site countless times and I'm still unsure :shrug: of exactly what else I need. Thanks in advance guys!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I would buy the northracecar brackets and use stock length axles, it's easy to add spacers to make the wheels stick out further, but it's a pita to take them in, once you have longer axles.

Up front?

Splash shields if you want them, spacers or SN95 ball joints, brake lines (aftermarket SS for a Fox) and tie rod ends.

You can use your stock tie-rod ends, but you'll have to turn them way out. Some cars come close to running out of threads. I've heard ford taurus arms are slightly longer and can be used, but the Max motorsports bumpsteer kit is th ebest way to go if you have the coin.