Cobra brakes on Mustang II front end?

• Sponsors (?)

Cobra Brakes on a Mustang II

68RestoMod,
I am currently finalizing with the machine shop on my cobra brackets for a mustang II. As you have probably seen there are kits for stock drum spindles for 64 1/2-73 Cars but for the Mustang II kits I wasn't able to find anything for them as far as Cobra Brakes go. I am planning on putting the brackets out there for sale, and I will have some pics to post probably this weekend after I get them back from the machinest. I am also having the design ran thru a Solid Works program which does some annalyst stuff on them. Basically it's going to tell us how much the brackets are going to deflect, and how much abuse it can take. I have put a lot of time into these to get them right as I really do not want them to fail on anyone. I am also planning on having these CNC cut once I have it finalized and ready to go. If you would like me to add your info to people I am going to be getting these out to let me know and I will call you once it's all done. I currently do not know how much they are going to be but I am planning on keeping the price to a minimum. I am also hoping to have this wrapped up no later than the end of November.
Rob

Has anyone figured if using the Cobra brakes moves the wheels in or out? I know that when using the existing Hot Rod kits with the Granada rotors and GM calipers on the II front end it moves the wheels out 1/4" per side.

Well when someone does this please take before and after measurements so you can tell us if there is a difference. The reason I ask is because I'm running a II suspension with 16x8 95 Cobra Rs and the wheel just barely contacts the upper arm when turned to full lock. The 1/4" that the Granada rotor gives might give just the clearance needed. I would prefer going Cobra if possible but it might require a wheel change to 17s to clear the caliper.

68RestoMod,
I am currently finalizing with the machine shop on my cobra brackets for a mustang II. As you have probably seen there are kits for stock drum spindles for 64 1/2-73 Cars but for the Mustang II kits I wasn't able to find anything for them as far as Cobra Brakes go. I am planning on putting the brackets out there for sale, and I will have some pics to post probably this weekend after I get them back from the machinest. I am also having the design ran thru a Solid Works program which does some annalyst stuff on them. Basically it's going to tell us how much the brackets are going to deflect, and how much abuse it can take. I have put a lot of time into these to get them right as I really do not want them to fail on anyone. I am also planning on having these CNC cut once I have it finalized and ready to go. If you would like me to add your info to people I am going to be getting these out to let me know and I will call you once it's all done. I currently do not know how much they are going to be but I am planning on keeping the price to a minimum. I am also hoping to have this wrapped up no later than the end of November.
Rob

Haha, I saw this and was going to reply for you because I knew you didn't have an account. Too late.:D Your pototypes look damn beefy.