Cobra Engine Install today :D Also Need Fusebox Diagram

Roger_4.6_96

Founding Member
Jul 16, 2002
Reno,NV
I just got my cobra engine installed today :banana:. Very straight swap. It took my friend heath and his buddy jeff from www.modularmadnesswest.com 10 hours to install :eek: i was amazed my self it started up on the first time no problem. But shortly after that i blew the ecu fuse its a big 20 fuse when i was getting on it for test drive. Shortly after that i got it home and the fuse started blowing fuses and some smoke came off one of the wires. We checked everywhere for it couldnt find it and it never happend agian. Now the car runs awesome :D feels way better than gt i used to drive.

I reused all my old stuff from my gt motor starter, power steering pump, coil packs, clutch cable oilpan. Only thing i had to get was throttle cable, spark plugs, wires, oil, coolant and some hoses. I had my gt Harness modified very easy. Then they used sct xcalibrator and set the tune for 91 octane.

I also need a diagram how the fuse go cause i forgot where i put this peice of paper with how there installed (i have no manual). I will upload some pics here soon and video when i can get camera man.

• Sponsors (?)

Dan_Soprano said:
well you had wires that were shorted to ground or shorted across. Something isn't going to work now. You need to figure out what isn't working and go from there......

Well everything works now. They thought they got a lil bit of coolant on a wire. It runs like a champ now.

Let me check my owners manual I may be able to scan you a picture

EDIT: What exactly would this diagram be called? I cant find anything to do with fuses, does it have another name? This is a 1997 manual so I would assume it would be the same as a 1996.

jmk97GT said:
Let me check my owners manual I may be able to scan you a picture

EDIT: What exactly would this diagram be called? I cant find anything to do with fuses, does it have another name? This is a 1997 manual so I would assume it would be the same as a 1996.

The fusebox located right next to the driver side head. Its a black box.

Pictures of my 2 engines a little dirty :)

Attachments

• DSC00282 (Small).JPG
    DSC00282 (Small).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC00284 (Small).JPG
    DSC00284 (Small).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 224