cobra motor cranks, can you guys end the debate please?

bored&stroked

Founding Member
Aug 19, 2002
Mesa AZ
We are having a debate on another board [a v6 site] I thought I read that all cobra motors [4.6 DOHC] had 8 bolt rear flanged, forged cranks. One guy belives only the manual tranny motors got the forged, while the automatic cars got cast cranks. Which is correct?

• Sponsors (?)

bored&stroked said:
We are having a debate on another board [a v6 site] I thought I read that all cobra motors [4.6 DOHC] had 8 bolt rear flanged, forged cranks. One guy belives only the manual tranny motors got the forged, while the automatic cars got cast cranks. Which is correct?

Stay off those darn V6 sites....Just kidding.

peace

Hmmm, perhaps the guy on the V6 board was thinking of the Mach I engines (afterall, they are also DOHC, so maybe he was *assuming* that the Mach shared the same engine as the Cobra, sans the blower). I'm guessing the guy was confused, that's all.

Anyways, the manual equipped Machs come w/ a forged crank, while the automatic equipped Machs use a cast crank. :cheers:

COBRA90GT said:
Hmmm, perhaps the guy on the V6 board was thinking of the Mach I engines (afterall, they are also DOHC, so maybe he was *assuming* that the Mach shared the same engine as the Cobra, sans the blower). I'm guessing the guy was confused, that's all.

Anyways, the manual equipped Machs come w/ a forged crank, while the automatic equipped Machs use a cast crank. :cheers:
Ha, beat you to it :D

missouri_guy197 said:
Ha, beat you to it :D

Focker! j/k Yeah, I typed out my novel...
lol.gif