cobra owners here

• Sponsors (?)

That's funny. Cobras are not anywhere near rare enough to justify babying them or trying to keep them as a collector. Perhaps a 93 Cobra, but even those are losing value. A Cobra is just a Mustang, drive it like you stole it...

Dave

MR GT said:
or is this taboo for such a rare aging car? :shrug:

Where do you get that from? There was just a cobra made back in 2003. Then in 2000, 1998,1995,1993.....exc

They dont make a new Cobra every yr but its not like there produced once every 10 yrs.

Ghost347 said:
137,000 and still fightin' traffic every morning... :nice:

I'm glad you guys feel like me....You only live once and its sad to say that i'm sure there are people that try to baby,never drive their cars for whatever reason and never get to really enjoy what ford intended with their cobra... :flag:

I got a 95 cobra, I drive mine like I stole it. Granted she is uber sick at the moment. 147 rwhp.....gotta figure out what is wrong with her one of these days. The worst part is she sounds fine and doesnt leak anything. I think she is just gettin old. 129k miles on her and such. I think im going to have to rebuild the engine or at least find a way to get some compression back. sucks being poor.

95redSVT said:
129k miles on her and such. I think im going to have to rebuild the engine or at least find a way to get some compression back. sucks being poor.
You missing a lot of compression or something? 129k for a normal 302 is just getting broken in. When I did my H/C/I at 93k miles, I could still see the factory hone marks on the cylinder walls! Mileage ain't your problem, something is broken...

Dave

95redSVT said:
I got a 95 cobra, I drive mine like I stole it. Granted she is uber sick at the moment. 147 rwhp.....gotta figure out what is wrong with her one of these days. The worst part is she sounds fine and doesnt leak anything. I think she is just gettin old. 129k miles on her and such. I think im going to have to rebuild the engine or at least find a way to get some compression back. sucks being poor.

sounds like a problem I had with a 86 GT I use to own..turned out to be a very small leak in the intake manifold.... :shrug:

I had someone, who visited my webpage, email me, and chastise me for modding my car. He was like, "Oh, you've got the last year of the 5.0 Cobra......your car is only 1 of 1003 convertibles....you ruined it by modding it so much.......you should have got a GT and did all that to it......you ruined a classic, etc, etc"

I bought the car to drive. I bought it with 44K miles and I drive it every day. I used drive it in the snow until I got stuck one day. Now I drive the wife's SUV in the snow.

Just drive it. You only live once. Why buy a car only to let it sit somewhere.

Henry

Thats pretty much my idea HP. I only have one car, and while i have it im going to do what i want to it. I wont go ricer crazy with vinal or anything like that but damnit if I wanna go fast from one light to another thats my own business. I have 1 of 84 '95 Cobras red with saddle cloth interior. If I wanna rip everything out of it and turn it into a bass boat then....well it will be a cool bass boat. I wish i did know what the problem was though. Ill check the engine over as soon as I get the time. Luckily I work on a farm with a guy who had a 10 second El Camino so.....he can help me anywhere I get stuck. Thanks for the tips guys. I think im going to start a new thread with a more detailed problem list and such so i can get a little more feedback.

Striped5.0 said:
" Owning a Cobra is almost as good as going to a bull fight on acid"

Just a little quote I saw in someones sig :D
lol actually its in my Location spot.... but its very true :D

Edit: Forgot to say that my car has 131k on her and still going strong, I drive her every day and I have yet to regret any of those days :D

My car is an investment. With the low financing and the price I paid, I will make money if I ever sell it.

As an investment, it will never see rain unless there is a freak storm and it will reside in the comfort of my garage. I will drive it 2-3 days a week if the weather is nice and I plan to put about 2,000 miles a year on it.

As far as modifications, I'll do anything to it because it has allready been in an accident, so it will never be a perfect restoration.

Don't hate me because I didn't buy stock instead. I'm going to have fun with it, but I'm going to be left with a valuable car, not a used up hunk of steel.