Cobra pulls to the right

jdblown03

Apr 14, 2004
Has anyone had problems with ford being able to get their car properly aligned? Ford says my car is to specs but after 55 if I don't hold the wheel to the left it would go off the road. It was much worse but they adjusted toe-in. Is it neccessary to go with aftermarket caster/camber plates to correct this problem, and shouldn't this be a recall if ford can't fix it?

• Sponsors (?)

jdblown03 said:
Has anyone had problems with ford being able to get their car properly aligned? Ford says my car is to specs but after 55 if I don't hold the wheel to the left it would go off the road. It was much worse but they adjusted toe-in. Is it neccessary to go with aftermarket caster/camber plates to correct this problem, and shouldn't this be a recall if ford can't fix it?

Take it to a different dealer. This was a common problem on some of the early '03's. Be careful though... I've seen pictures where a Ford service department butchered the stock C/C plates and shock towers by re-drilling the holes 2 or 3 times!

U.M.

I haven't taken it to an SVT dealer yet but the dealership I took it to didn't put it in the books as a service because they couldn't help me and it would have used up 1st freebie. Should I keep dealing with ford or spend the 150 and be done with it?

jdblown03 said:
I haven't taken it to an SVT dealer yet but the dealership I took it to didn't put it in the books as a service because they couldn't help me and it would have used up 1st freebie. Should I keep dealing with ford or spend the 150 and be done with it?

1st freebie? The car is no longer under warranty I presume?

U.M.

My new Cobra pulls as well. I also had problems with an 02 six banger that pulled even worse. My Gt never had this problem though. I will get it checked out when I take her in for the first oil change around 1,000 miles. I think it is just one of those quirky mustang anticks, though.

Interesting

I had similar concerns on my '03........when I mentioned it to the service manager he said it was due to the tire width and suspension setup coupled with the fact that all roads pitch to the right for drainage purposes...he said the only roads that don't pitch are the interstates. Maybe he put it in my head, but I tried it on the interstate and it went dead straight. I should investigate it a little more......... :shrug: