Cobra-R Hoods for a Fox Body

GrandmasterK

Founding Member
Aug 17, 2001
Madison, WI
Anyone ever install one of these Cobra-R hoods from Trufiber or Cervini? Any idea how they compare to each other? There is about a $300 price difference between them so something must be pretty drastically different.

Open to other brands or other places to buy them from... these are just the first couple I saw that looked good.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/trufibe...r-fiberglass-cobra-r-style-1987-1993/p/HDT54/

https://www.cjponyparts.com/cervini-cobra-r-hood-2-1-2-unpainted-1987-1993/p/HD136/

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Cervini Cobra R 3.5" hood. It looks nice and but I have never installed it. Still in the original box. I originally purchased it for added clearance for a 408 build that never happened. I'm more into the stock look now with a cobra front nose. I also have a Cervini Stalker front that I never used. I see your in Madison, I'm in Minnesota about 60 miles west of the twin cities. I am willing to sell it if interested and can meet half way. If not interested no big deal just saw this post and figured I would reply.

Interesting... what price are you looking to get for both? Brand new? Any idea if you could fit the hood and bumper in the back of a mid-sized SUV with fold down seats? Unclear how big it would be, especially if boxed up.

I had the stalker front end previously but got into an accident and it was ruined. I really liked how it looked.

Last edited:
Interesting... what price are you looking to get for both? Brand new? Any idea if you could fit the hood and bumper in the back of a mid-sized SUV with fold down seats? Unclear how big it would be, especially if boxed up.

Anecdote- I fit my carbon fiber hatch into a late 90s explorer years ago. It was a tight fit, I think I had to angle it iirc.

The hood should fit in a similarly sized vehicle. Probably not in an escape sized suv, though.

Do NOT cheap out on a hood for two reasons
1. you will spend the same amount after it comes down to prep and fitting a cheaper hood
2. You dont want at 60mph to have a cheap hood come flying up on you because the hood latch or hinges gave way. I've seen and read about many cheap ass hoods that let go, never a quality one like Cervini, Harwood, Boss, Keenan. Avoid like the plague anything out of Cincinatti regardless of the name.

Regardless of any fiberglass hood, hood pins are a must.

We wouldn't talk about selling or buying an item in the discussion forums. Instead, we'd use the Private message system or the WTS forum.

I'm sure that the moderators have already mentioned this and I missed it. :O_o: