Cobra ran fast MPH, but slow time???

stang_gt_1994 said:
Yeah he has a stock cobra from intake to oil pan. How much money do you have in your H/C/I, he has none.

I can only assume this is directed at me, although the point of it still escapes me. I didn't think this was a pissing match into what anyone had into their cars, I thought it was making a point of "high e.t.'s as compared to mph".
Furthermore, I know what Chris has in his car, as I'm in the process of doing a Turbo 1995, and I've talked to him about his kit. I'm planning on the same set-up because of how impressed I am with his car.

BUT, if we really wanted to get into the $$ thing, and to answer your question, for the car in question-
I've got about $800 more into my whole car than he's got into his turbo kit.
Nuff said? ;)

J

• Sponsors (?)

All I can manage in my Cobra is high 89 MPH's And Mid 14's...Still waiting on my line-lock though...have the nitto drags on now too so hopefully my next outing won't be as tractionless and maybe the ET will drop..but I still think my MPH shoulda been higher.

Nik_92Stang said:
All I can manage in my Cobra is high 89 MPH's And Mid 14's...Still waiting on my line-lock though...have the nitto drags on now too so hopefully my next outing won't be as tractionless and maybe the ET will drop..but I still think my MPH shoulda been higher.
Yeah, I would think alot higher. What's your track elevation. What was your 1/8 mile trap? Maybe just a little tune up is needed?

Jake

I think there was some granny shifting involved also, I ran a 13.8 spinning 1st-4th with a 2.02 60ft and letting go of the gas about 300 feet before the finish (1st time down the track didn't know if i could stop) all on the hardest tires known to man (275/40/17 falken Xiex 502's). And I have maybe half of the mods you do.