<<<COBRA>>>

JTAM963

Sep 5, 2004
I know everyone here if you don't have one we ALL want one..the 03/04 COBRA.....How good are the 99-01s compared engine wise..I know power wise much less...but price 03/04 are so DAMN much...If i did get a 03/04 I'd have no money to mod :notnice: ...what you all think?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I went from a 01 Auto GT to my 01 Cobra. Im pleased.
DSC08546.JPG

Attachments

• DSC08546.JPG
    DSC08546.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 55
What do 99-01 Cobras put down stock?? And do they get better gain on mod compared to the 00-04 auto GTs?? I know moneywise a 99-01 a lot cheaper..but how bout performance>?

How do 99-01 cobras compare to wrxs and stis??? Just wondering how they really are?? If they arent that much of an upgrade over the 00-04 GT im goingt o just save like 5g to put down on 03/04

V6&V8SHO said:
I went from a 01 Auto GT to my 01 Cobra. Im pleased.
DSC08546.JPG

I went from a 98Gt to my 99 Cobra and I am a happy camper also. Yea I would have been better off with a 03 Cobra.........but since I have my Title to my 99 in my Safe in my closet, my 99 is just fine. Its always better to have a paid for car than a car your paying for :D

Attachments

• DSC08546.JPG
    DSC08546.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 87
JTAM963 said:
What do 99-01 Cobras put down stock?? And do they get better gain on mod compared to the 00-04 auto GTs?? I know moneywise a 99-01 a lot cheaper..but how bout performance>?

I got my 99 two months ago and put it on the dyno the same week I got it :D all STOCK other than a side exhaust kit it made 272hp and 280tq. Ive already posted my dyno sheet, and I was very happy with the numbers it made, it was exactly where it should have been (its had the factory "Fix" by the way). As far as the mods go I have full exhaust and pulleys on mine right now and other than that there isint a lot more simple bolt-ons you can do. A coldair kit will be the only other thing that will give you a few hp, I've been told over and over a Tb wont give any more power and a mass air is a waste of money also. So in N/A trim unless you want to swap heads and cams the bolt-ons are few for the 99 and 01 Cobra's. They run great however, with all the bolt-ons you can have around 310-330 at the tires and with 4:10 or 4:30's in the rear and a sticky tire there are LOTS of guys over at SVT Performance.com that have run low to mid 12's in the quarter. If I had a choice between a GT and Cobra...........there is no choice 32Valve > 16Valve :D

I've made my decision if I get his job with construction starts at 18 an hour and after 2 years it increases to 30 an hour between 2 years..If i get that..going to first buy a beat like 2000 grand car...then save up around 5 grand and put it down on a 03 cobra...Pref private dealer too...What every1 think?

I can't stop thinking about such BIG payments on 03/04s...kind of wanting to keep my black beauty...and just eventually drop a KB in here....then maybe forged internals down the road...what are some prices for forged pistons and cranks kits?? Not the whole shortblock just the pistons/crankshaft??Or is it a better deal to get whole new shortblock installed>?>?