CobraRed's Build thread - updated periodically

well im relieved (and so is my wallet:rlaugh:) i said F it after going to see the heads. Too many discrepancies that i didn't want to have to fix or worry about. So im going to sell of the heads like i am selling the cams (except actually be honest about the condition they are in- unlike the person who sold them to me). I actually think im going to come out in the black comparative to how much i paid for them. But for now im still in the hole with them. So the alternative to these heads is a sure fire solution:

Allied Motor Parts out of georgia:
# completely disassembled to be cleaned and baked free of pollutants.
# They are then pressure tested to assure there are no cracks present that cannot be detected by the eye.
# New Valve Guides are installed.
# The head is resurfaced with a Poly Crystalline Diamond to 25-35 ra (roughness average) which far exceeds OE specifications.
# Each unit is near completion with a triple angle valve job for maximum performance.
# Each head is individually assembled by an ASE certified cylinder head technician.
# When complete, a final quality control check is done to ensure nothing but the finest products.
# He also gave me a 1 year unlimited millage no questions asked warranty on them

And he's installing my beehive springs on them for free, on top of me getting them for a helluva deal since i didn't want the cams on them. Dirk's a good guy. I think i actually feel good about putting these on my car, ha!

you can see the Poly Crystalline surfacing here:
View attachment 345276

congrats man! Good to hear that things are still working out for ya.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like u had a lot of drama pop up since the last time I checked this thread. Glad to see its finally working out...Cant wait to see the results....BTW, when u coming up here to NorCal???

yes, lots of drama. If there wasn't drama it wouldn't be my project. Im coming up to NorCal next month for christmas, but im not bringing my car. The next time im driving up to north bay will proly be when infineon opens back up - gives me a reason to go see tha family. Plus i have a bet w/ a guy who owns a GTO which might be settled at Sac raceway - you can bet ill be stopping by your way too:nice:

it sucks that a few valve guides and an uneven deck area can ruin my plans, most of this stuff is perfect tho :cry::
Picture079.jpg

Attachments

• Picture079.jpg
    Picture079.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 79
UPDATE:

Got the Allied Motors heads today, not ported but liquid run though smoothed and poly crystalline coated, i have a chart somewhere that shows the flow: 172/152

Picture121.jpg

My new comp cam springs on it, intake's are pretty smooth - not bad
Picture125.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Attachments

• Picture121.jpg
    Picture121.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture125.jpg
    Picture125.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture127.jpg