Code 41 and 91

now i cant get any reading on those 2 wires. maybe by probing them i broke the wires. if so im screwed.

i prob shouldnt of even touched the damn wires.

im gonna look again tomorrow and if nothing im gonna take it to my dad's buddys shop.

• Sponsors (?)

The insulation can be tough to get through. If you get no reading, it's probably because you didnt hit it just right.

That kind of reading can happen if the O2 signal wire is broken or the HEGO isnt operative. Both O2's failing and reading the exact same way can happen but it's not real common.

I would disconnect a given O2 connector (at the O2) and see if your reading changed. If it doesnt, check the wiring to the O2 and do a continuity test on the signal wire.

il check everything again. this sucks. i guess with the o2 reading lean, the computer is richinning up the mixture by adding more fuel and my mileage sucks in my car.
filled up the other day and only got 50 miles so far and im at a half of a tank.

thats the only reason why this code 41/91 is bothering me so much. the car rides nice. no problems other then the fuel mileage is horrible.

ok i disconnected the o2 wire harness out of the sensor and checked the readings and it doesnt read anything. just .0

but when its plugged in it bounces back and forth from .2-.6 on the 29 and .1 - .6 on the 43.

so is this leading to faulty o2 sensors.

im pretty sure these codes popped up after i got these new 02 sensors on

ok i disconnected the o2 wire harness out of the sensor and checked the readings and it doesnt read anything. just .0

but when its plugged in it bounces back and forth from .2-.6 on the 29 and .1 - .6 on the 43.

so is this leading to faulty o2 sensors.

im pretty sure these codes popped up after i got these new 02 sensors on

The voltage is never going very rich, and I agree with your hypothesis.

so i should take the ) o2 sensors back and get new ones. put them in and see if anything changes??

If the sensors had been given time to warm up, the heater ground was in place and the wiring is sound, then swapping sensors in (especially if they are under warranty) is a good idea IMHO.

now i tripped the engine light where it stays solid. and what confuses me is that when i do the test. on KOER i still get 41-91 which is what i expected but also on KORO i get 41-91
so something must be wrong cause those codes should not show up on my car during KOEO test.

but i did not switch out the o2 sensors yet.

If your fuel pressure and MAF are known to be ok, did you have the car on while the O2 harness was disconnected?

as in disconnecting the Harness from the o2 sensor, then starting the car and checking the voltage?? yes i did

or disconnect the Harness from the o2 sensor WHILE the car was running?? then yes it happened. not on purpose tho. was checking my exhaust and hit it and the harness came out of the o2 sensor

I would clear the codes and then recheck the O2 signal values again.

Also, if you had the same readings and symptoms with the first set of O2 sensors, and now you have the same issue with another set, a third set is probably not the answer.

i dint put the new o2 sensors in yet.

i cleared the codes and only get 41/91 on koer test still. but after i drive for a bit the engine light gets tripped and stays on. turn off the car, start it back up and the light is off. but after driving for a bit again the light comes back on.

i checked the codes again and i get 41/91 for KOEO and KOER. then i clear the codes, check it right away and the 41/91 is gone for the KOEO test but still remains for the KOER.

but driving for a bit trips the 41/91 for the KOEO test again.

but ill have to check everything again and install the new o2 sensors in the afternoon. ill let you know my findings

put the new sensors in and no change. still get the 41/91 code

but i checked the koeo and a code 15 popped up and wasnt expecting that so i did the test again and it dint come up. only 11 when i did the koeo test after that 15 came up

when i check the ohms of the ground wire. (im guessing my digital multimeter can)

what exactly do i do. i have the red part and the black part of the multimeter.

just not sure how to check the ohms and what goes where and where to check the hego ground.

couldnt find anything on the site. maybe i wasnt loking in the right place

cause i know the orange ground is screwed into my firewall. maybe not enough ground. im gonna try to get it to the intake bolt