Code 511 ROM test failure

BoostedSN95

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2000
cc,tx
Hey guys, I just got this code from my code scanner. :mad:

Does this have something to do with the tweecer? :shrug:

I will reset the codes and see if this comes up again, hopefully not. Any have experience with this code?

comments?:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I believe this goes away if you set checksum_base_address to 0?

I believe you are correct in the case of a modifed calibration. According to info I have recieved at an other forum. I should not be getting this code because i am running the factory calibration. Although, I do not know if this is a fact or not. Is there any harm to running check sum=0 if you hvae not modified the calibration file. :shrug:

Also, I am datalogging, therefore this also may change things. Like I said I am not certain though.

I have cleaned the j3 port and ran the car with the tweecer off. I have not recieved the 511 code. :nice: So my next step is to go to tune 1 with the same calibration+data logging. If i get code 511 again. I am going to have to figure something else out.:bang: I suppose I can put check sum=0 if ther eis no harm done.

comments?

Try turning the checksum off and see if you get the code. That should tell you if the binary you are using is different from what is in the EEC. You can also do a bit-level compare on the stock binary you pulled vs what you are running if you are so inclined.

It could be that by not running off the EEC (and running off the chip) something is changed that causes the checksum run on the chip's binary file to differ.

Either way, the checksum_base_address set to 0 won't matter one way or the other... there are much bigger fish to fry in the tune, don't get too hung up on it.

Welcome to self tuning... some of it is trial and error. :)

Wes

Thanks again. So far I am not getting the code back and I have not changed any of the parameters. I feel confident that the file it is reading from is stock. I simply read the eec, then I added data logging paramters.

Nevertheless I think i am ready to tweec it. The car is idling like it has a huge vac leak or something. God it needs a tune, pulse width jumps up to prevent it from dying I guess and the damn car brings tears to my eyes. (Not in agood way)!

Thanks again!