Code P2240 Help

budstang50

Aug 19, 2006
I have a 2012 Mustang GT with long tube headers orx and Hurst cat back. Anybody have an idea on how to fix this, or should I just replace the O2 sensor. Its the bank1 #2 sensor. Thanks for any output.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Get a tuner and shut off the rear o2 sensors and have a shop dynotune and load tunes into your tuner. Other than that aftermarket exhaust components don't play nice with stock sensors.

Ok, pullem and let me know if one is more carbon soaked then the other
I pulled both rear o2 sensors and they where both black. The SCT 4x handheld said its the 02 Sensor Positive Current Control Circuit/Open Bank 2 Sensor 1. I think its saying one of the upstream sensors. I'll pull them next weekend the 7th or 8th of October. I'm a truck driver, sorry for the delay on my response, thanks for your patience.

Reactions: 1 user
I pulled both rear o2 sensors and they where both black. The SCT 4x handheld said its the 02 Sensor Positive Current Control Circuit/Open Bank 2 Sensor 1. I think its saying one of the upstream sensors. I'll pull them next weekend the 7th or 8th of October. I'm a truck driver, sorry for the delay on my response, thanks for your patience.
The 4 O2s are numbered 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, & 2-2. First # is Bank, 1 is RH (passenger). Second # is sensor position, 1 being upstream, 2 being downstream. imp

WHAT?? Your original post said bank 1 sensor 2