Electrical Code reader

• Sponsors (?)

It has the right connections, but I would not buy it unless your OBD2 reader says it has the capability to do OBD1 testing. The systems are very different.
This is the nice OBD1 tool. There is one that has a led thst you count the blinks, and the method to use a jumper (paper clip) is posted on here.
56BA08C7-9B6E-465A-B14F-1CB342347666.png

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
It would work if your OBD2 reader has the ability to read FORD obd1 codes. Most don't, so you'll need to check.

This is the reader that most of us own.

Amazon product ASIN B000EW0KHWView: https://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3145-Ford-Digital-Reader/dp/B000EW0KHW/ref=asc_df_B000EW0KHW/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583795269552441&psc=1

You can probably find it cheaper if you search around a bit. It used to be under $20.

I actually ordered that one last night, figuring that adapter wouldn’t cut it. Besides, somebody has my OBD2 on loaner. Love lending tools out. Lol

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
The Q&A was not favorable. Even the seller says it won't work with just any OBD2 scanner.

Question: Will this work with any odb2 scanner?
Answer: no ,this will not work with any odb2 scanner
By MOTOKU Seller on April 1, 2020
Probably not, the one I purchased wouldn't even connect with the scanner. No instructions either so if it only works with certain scanners, they don't tell you. Waste of money!
By Gary on March 31, 2020

I’ve tried using it but did not receive power or signal to the obd2 scanner
By Victor Zermeno on April 1, 2020

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user