Coil packs..

• Sponsors (?)

I've had 3 of my original COPs go bad in the past two years. I've got a 2003 GT. So far, I've just been replacing them with Motorcrafts...the DG-508. If you do a search on Amazon, you can find them for as low as about $40 each. And yes, they are genuine Motorcraft parts. RockAuto has them too for around the same price, maybe a little higher.

I'm planning to replace the other 5 of mine just because. They're 15 years old at this point so I figure why not. Get all fresh ones in there.

IF you have having a short service life from a set of coils there's usually a CAUSE. The usual CAUSE is excessive plug cap (high firing voltage) or spark arcing from weak boot insulation. Or a chronic misfire from say a clogged injector.

If something is causing the OEM coils to go bad then likely the same thing will happen to the replacements.

Last edited:
I've had 3 of my original COPs go bad in the past two years. I've got a 2003 GT. So far, I've just been replacing them with Motorcrafts...the DG-508. If you do a search on Amazon, you can find them for as low as about $40 each. And yes, they are genuine Motorcraft parts. RockAuto has them too for around the same price, maybe a little higher.

I'm planning to replace the other 5 of mine just because. They're 15 years old at this point so I figure why not. Get all fresh ones in there.

You can rebuild them sometimes a lot cheaper.

Attachments

• IMG_1878.JPG
    IMG_1878.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 115