Cold Air Induction

Troy S

Jul 28, 2009
Woodstock Ga
Im looking for more hp for my 06 GT. I want to add cold air induction but Im not sure which direction I should go. I also dont want to buy a tuner. Can you go to a performance shop and have them tune in the cold air induction for you? Also, where is a good place to get nice tires at a good price on the web?

• Sponsors (?)

You won't get the results you would get if it were tuned. They say the non tune kits are under 10HP. I'd suggest purchasing a tuneable kit with SCT X3 programmer. The cold air kits are very easy to install. You can watch several youtube videos that show you how. Some Company's sell the Programmer with the cold air kit and will provide custom tunes for your mods. www.uprproducts.com has the JLT cold air, SCT Tuner and custom tunes for your vehicle at $499. Should add a very noticeable gain.

I got my tires at www.DiscountTire.com for cheaper than I could buy locally and they shipped free. Very happy with the service they provide both through email and phone.

Posted via Mobile Device

Troy there are numerous cold air intakes that can be installed without a tune. Two off the top of my head are the BBK and Roush cold air intakes. However do not expect to much of a performance gain from the non-tuned system. Your real horsepower comes from the tune. There are quite a few threads around this subject on stangnet and other mustang sites. As far as having a shop install the tune instead of buying a tuner I would recommend not going that path. If you don't have the tuner you remove your ability to restore the factory tune. Which if you talk to other members they will tell you that having the factory tune is a lifesaver. Hence it saves you very costly repair bills. Save a little longer and get a cold air kit from a reputable tuner such as bamachips, brenspeed, or steeda all great. There are more that I am sure the other members will chime in on. As far as tires there are a lot of places you can go it really depends on what size tires you want and what brand. I personally found the best deal for my new tires on ebay. I paid $400 for BFG KDW's and $35 to my local shop to have them put on. I couldn't touch that anywhere else. I would however take a look at the stangnet sponsors for deals, tirerack.com, and discounttiredirect.com to name a few. The mods are expensive so take it a bit at a time. I personally have had my Mustang since February and I am just getting the chance to do more mods. Rest assured as you mod your car there is great info here. I have been coming to this site since 03 or 04. I was under a different screen name then but the guys here have helped me a lot.

^^^^what he said, I went with bamachips and have been very pleased, you cant beat dougs customer service either, I needed a re tune for my longtubes and I had it in less than an hour after I called him and told him. I actually picked up 6 tenths of a second in the 1/4 with the JLT intake and dougs 93 race tune alone, amazing.

Roush air intake all the way man .... i got one like a month ago and sounds good and you can feel it soonest u set foot on the gas... You dont need a tuner for the roush but it comes with a plastic in the middle of the tube(removable) that if you take it off the tube; you will need to tuned it (offroad only) yea right ^^

PS: Try to get it on ebay i got mine(new) 20$ less + free shipping

Good luck!