Cold Start Issues

Ok stangnet!
So after several drives back and forth to my shop trying to diagnose this issue, I figured since i'm closing on my house soon and will have a garage to do my own wrench turning (FINALLY!) I'll be taking a crack at the issue myself. But i'd like some input from you fine stangnet grease monkeys first!

Issue: Cold Start
Car on cold start takes about 2-3-4 cranks before it'll fire up. But once it does “catch” it will stubbles up to idle than just drive like normal. Once it’s been started up there are no issues with cranking it right back up. Car runs strong still, no hesitation or back firing/stumbling. Car had plugs changed when the supercharger was install about 2 yrs ago, coils are about 12 yrs old and are oem, Fuel set up is dual focus SVT pumps and 6olb injectors. Lay it on me as to what might be the issue?
Car has 38K on it, about 7K on the supercharger/plugs and just fewer than 2K on the built motor.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like it might be getting too much fuel on cold starts.

What kind of power are you making that requires two SVT pumps and 60#injectors?

Is the tune correctly calibrated for those injectors?

Sounds like it might be getting too much fuel on cold starts.

What kind of power are you making that requires two SVT pumps and 60#injectors?

Is the tune correctly calibrated for those injectors?

I layed down 600/600....(I WISH)
haha no I am not making NEAR the power "required" for this set up yet, 444/489. The additions i plan on adding this year (heads /blower port or upgrade) is going to push me in the mid 500 range. So i did the upgrade just to be done with it.

Now that you mentioned it the car was orignally tuned with the 42lb injectors...BUT the tune was rechecked on one of the trips to figure this issue out. Which i was told the injectors were calibrated good.

I'm going to talk with my tuner on monday about the tune for my ride.

Any other thoughts guys? Thanks Trinity.

The 60lb injectors will support 750 fwhp @ 95% duty cycle. 42s on a SC car (.6 BSFC) at the same 95% will hold between 525 and 550 fwhp.

Dual SVT Focus pumps support about 286lph. Here is some math. (X hp)(.384lph)=286LPH. The dual pumps should support about 744 fwhp @ 100% duty cycle.

I would say, get the tune and see where it goes. You have PLENTY of fuel.....probably too much right now. at 444rwhp, you are almost 200rwhp short of the max setup that you have. The good news....your pumps and injectors are sized right for each other.