Color Choice on the Fastback- Thoughts

You could go with a shade of green....? I've been debating on that myself with my convertible. It doesn't seem that green is a horribly popular color, but if done right I think they look pretty good. :shrug:

Again, examples or inspiration, depending on your view. :)

1613134565956.png

1613134637056.png

1613134793007.png

1613134856680.png

1613134964094.png
Highland green the one on the top . I have painted 2 that color ,one with white stripes but the correct gold really sets it off

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Here's a pic of Chalk with White and Chalk with Black on a Cobra.
There's also another color I was looking at but it harkens back to mainstream (which I am not totally against). It's a color called Cavalry Blue (Toyota I think) which might look nice with white striping.

Preferences??

Attachments

• Cobra Chalk with White.jpg
    Cobra Chalk with White.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Cobra Chalk with Black.jpg
    Cobra Chalk with Black.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Cavalry Blue.jpg
    Cavalry Blue.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
I like the color, personally.

if I ever have an opportunity to customize a Mustang in a non factory color, I might consider this Toyota color: Calvary blue.

Attachments

• C472F766-B896-45E2-8544-3DB4DC90DE7D.jpeg
    C472F766-B896-45E2-8544-3DB4DC90DE7D.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 1 user
There's also another color I was looking at but it harkens back to mainstream (which I am not totally against). It's a color called Cavalry Blue (Toyota I think) which might look nice with white striping.

Preferences??
wow! I just saw this after I posted my Calvary blue suggestion

Hey guys,

Well it's been many years working on my Fastback and I'm now ready to send it in for paint. I want something a little different and am thinking of a Porsche color called Chalk (aka Crayon) with dark grey Shelby Striping and a dark grey stripe along the sides above the rockers.

What do you guys think this color would look like on a 65 FB?
Revology has some unique colors, like inca silver and Boston beige

Attachments

• C115D40E-7A43-405A-A516-D234EEB9F655.jpeg
    C115D40E-7A43-405A-A516-D234EEB9F655.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 63
  • BDDB0A6C-D036-48FA-8C63-BB655CDD241D.jpeg
    BDDB0A6C-D036-48FA-8C63-BB655CDD241D.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 70
Well like the colour or not, here she is. Putting all back together now. Started with lights etc and then got the headliner in to start the interior.

Attachments

• Front End.jpg
    Front End.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Tail Lights In.jpg
    Tail Lights In.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 69
  • Hushmat installed after POR-15 Dried.jpg
    Hushmat installed after POR-15 Dried.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Install Completed.jpg
    Install Completed.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 66
  • POR-15 On Roof Underside.jpg
    POR-15 On Roof Underside.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys,

Well it's been many years working on my Fastback and I'm now ready to send it in for paint. I want something a little different and am thinking of a Porsche color called Chalk (aka Crayon) with dark grey Shelby Striping and a dark grey stripe along the sides above the rockers.

What do you guys think this color would look like on a 65 FB?
I like the color. I'll be wrapping mine battleship gray and If I don't like it then I can take it off and going with another color. Painting a car is expensive and wrapping it is a lot cheaper if you do it yourself. if you decide to wrap it stay away from Ebay.

Very Sharp

How long till cruising for burgers?
Hopefully on the road for summer. I have my front and back glass gaskets on the way right now (arrive tomorrow) so will be doing glass next. Side vent windows are all rebuilt with new chrome and are ready to go in as well. Just need to get my interior kit now but with the border closed I can no longer pop across the line to pick up my parts with "free shipping". Shipping to Vancouver via UPS will cost me another $300US plus duty and tax when it gets here. May just have to bite the bullet though.