Engine combo?

Just wondering if anyone have had or has this engine combo, and if so what kind of power were they making or 1/4 mile times. First time ford person here. Inherited the car. Car is an 89 vert.
this is all from a DSS invoice sheet. Pro Bullet FT/IN 331 BALANCED AND BLUE PRINTED, FORGED DSS PRO-LITE SERIES PISTONS# 4100 (FT/IN -3cc ), LEVEL 10 CNC BLOCK ,BILLET ALUMINUM MAIN SUPPORT ,ARP MAIN STUDS. FORGED I- BEAMS. AFR 185 HEADS -1420
,DSS AL ROLLER ROCKERS, .600 LIFT SPRINGS, NX274HR .555/ .570 224/236@ .050'' 114 CAM, HI VOLUME OIL PUMP. TRACK HEAT INTAKE MANIFOLD, 70MM TB, 24LB INJ. Also a manual reverse valve body PA c4 .
I kind of wondered if the car had nitrous before, there is a gauge for nitrous. Plus isn't the cam is for nitrous?

Attachments

• IMG_20190913_150010.jpg
    IMG_20190913_150010.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

It sorta has the makings of a good setup.
Just keep in mind all that most of the shortblock specs don't equal too much other than on paper. The displacement and the compression is all that really matters. The rest of it doesn't equate to more power or even reliability.

My concern would be 24lb injectors and what looks like a stock maf sensor which is likely in a C&L meter.

A 331 with afr 185's should make at least 375rwhp. (hell, I've seen a stock shortblock with 165's make 359rwhp).
But unless the fuel pressure is sky high, you don't have enough meter or injector for that.

I'm no cam expert, so not sure on that, if it has a nitrous gauge, i'd be pretty sure it did have nitrous.

My guess would be max 335rwhp because you can't go much past that with 24's with a c&l.

If you are right about the displacement, for sure i'd be buying a 80mm (or bigger) pro m and 30lb injectors.

Cruise through this thread, lots of combos that may be similar to yours