Come and Get It!!! Engine is finally Installed!!! PICS

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
Got alot to go yet, but I got the engine in the car today. My buddy Kris helped out today and I am glad he was there, it definately made it alot easier. Thanks Kris!

Last week we spray the engine bay. I ended up painting the top half white and painting the bottom half black. This makes every thing look cleaner by blacking out the clutter below the engine. Check out pics and you will see what I mean. Again Kris helped with this too, makes things easier with 2 sets of hands.

Let me know what you think and I will post more pics as we get farther in the build.

Heres me working on bolting the engine in:
15423580260.jpg

15423535347.jpg

15423505054.jpg

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Looks awesome! Love the engine bay paint,good idea. Let me know what you think of the SSI,when you get it going.Sure you don't want to try it N/A first?

I'm jealous. My motor is still sitting on the stand right now . We got the heads bolted up, and I mocked up the cobra intake with the new BBK valve covers and it looks like they will clear everything except the egr mount,wich I'm not going to use anyway, so I'll just grind it off. Should be dropping it in next weekend, and getting it running the week after. Did you try the hood yet to see about clearence?

I'm sure I what to go SC because thats what I had before the build up so I can't go NA now.

As far as hood clearance, BBK said it would fit with a cowl hood (which I have) but I am yet to test fit the hood. If the intake doesn't fit, it will be for sale and I will go with a tfs track heat or Holley intake.

69clark said:
I'm sure I what to go SC because thats what I had before the build up so I can't go NA now.

As far as hood clearance, BBK said it would fit with a cowl hood (which I have) but I am yet to test fit the hood. If the intake doesn't fit, it will be for sale and I will go with a tfs track heat or Holley intake,and sell the BBK to 95vert354 at a major dicount.

FTFY:p

MM- Yeah way too much work!!!! If I put any more time and money in this car I wouldn't want to drive it, and thats not what I want in a car. I want to drive it and when i want to, BEAT THE HELL OUT OF IT!!! This isn't a show only car, so it doesn't matter all that much to me.