comp cam 2 upgrade help

ADIEBOLT

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Hello Everyone,

I have a 04 gt manual trans that is mostly stock. I have a CAI, 73mm throttle body, ford performance intake manifold, and 3.73 gears. I have ordered steeda pulleys and ford performance timing kit. I want to put comp cam 2 kit in since ill be doing the timing kit at the same time. Just want to know if the comp cam 2 kit will be ok with the stock exhaust system and piston heads. I have read that i need a full exhaust system and different pistons to run comp cams so I'm here trying to see if someone can advise me.

Also, i have only found summit racing to be the only one to sell a full kit but its the trick flow kit. is there a nothing place or is this kit have everything i need and i should just go with it? trick flow vs comp cam?

thanks everyone

• Sponsors (?)

If you're going upgraded cams you should definitely go with (or make sure) you have pi intake and not dorman junk (I know 04 GT has stock pi intake just assuming yours isnt switched with Dorman junk). Might even be worthwhile for a 24lb injector upgrade and a tune. Full exhaust is a plus.

If you're going upgraded cams you should definitely go with (or make sure) you have pi intake and not dorman junk (I know 04 GT has stock pi intake just assuming yours isnt switched with Dorman junk). Might even be worthwhile for a 24lb injector upgrade and a tune. Full exhaust is a plus.

If you are talking about the intake manifold then i replaced the stock one with a ford performance one since the one was cracked and leaking coolant at the thermostat housing. i will be getting a full exhaust soon. but just want to make sure i can put the cams on for now tell i get the exhaust